I am a very active individual and have always been fortunate to have a comfortable supply of liquid cash in order to pursue the things I love like travel, parties, and entertainment. However do to bad business partnerships and equally imprudent business decisions, I have had to enjoy life on a severely constrained budget. I have a zest for life and activity and my budget has not stopped my extrovert personality however fueled it to become more creative and has enabled me to enjoy life even more. The following is the top ten things to do for free or on a limited budget:
1. The Beach: Enjoying the United States beaches is a free and leisure activity that can be an enormous amount of fun for friends, family and colleagues. Also, generally during the summer months the beach will be full of people of every age, thus creating an environment and atmosphere for everyone to enjoy.
2. Hotel Pool: Generally hotel pools are for guests only, however many hotels will let you bring your friends and family so long as you don't disturb the hotel guests. Many hotel pools can also have full scale amenities such as bars, restaurants, and additional activities for the friends and the family to enjoy.
3. The Park: The park is a place that is often undervalued in American culture. The park can be a great place to engage in physical activity with friends, meet new people, cook fresh food, or just enjoy what mother nature has to offer.
4. Matinee Movies: Quality movies are a source of good thought and excercise for the mind or just a leisurely time to get away from the stresses of your world and enjoy entertainment. Matinee prices are a fraction fo the price of full scale admission and generally go late into the evening before the full fair begins.
5. Pre-Drink Alcohol: The price of drinks at clubs and bars can be extremely expensive. Therefore, in order to save potentially hundreds of dollars in an evening, have several drinks prior to going to the club, take a taxi to the club and do not buy any drinks or maybe one drink in the club or bar. This will save you a significant amount of money immediately. Never drink and drive.
6. Read a Book: The pastime of reading a book is not as prevalent as it used to be and continues to decline. Meanwhile more books with an even more diverse subject matter are being published. There is truly a book out there which will capture everyone's interest. Start by performing your research on the internet.
7. Host Get Togethers: Most people enjoy the intimate atmosphere of a few friends getting together and will bring alcohol and other goodies to the get together. It's a good idea to make the get together as a "pre-party" therefore giving the individuals attending the idea that they can go out after and are not trapped. If you so desire, many will end up staying anyway, especially after a few good libations.
8. Workout In Your Neighborhood: Your neighborhood will provide you with all the terrain and challenges to get a full and quality workout. From running through the city or countryside to doing pushups on a park or bus bench, your full body workout can be achieved for free.
9. Go to the Lake: Many lakes are free to enjoy and provide great beaches, plenty of people and plenty of activity.
10. Spend Time With Your Family: Family is perhaps the most important thing in our lives and too many times we take advantage of what we have and do not appreciate it until it is gone. Make a concerted effort just to spend time with your family and inform them what is going on in your life. At any moment a family member can be taken away from you and you will regret not having spent the time.
Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on my list. Should you have any additional comments or suggestions also please comment.